Trade fair preparations are progressing as planned – safety is emphasised at the Subcontracting Trade Fair
Fairs included in the Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd’s event calendar will go ahead as planned. Professionals of the manufacturing industry will gather together from 8 to 10 December 2020 at the Subcontracting Trade Fair and AlihankintaHEAT events. Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd is confident about the future, even though the current world situation understandably raises questions.
– The preparations of events are at the present time progressing exactly as planned. As an event organiser, Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd will do its utmost to ensure that the fairs scheduled to be held in the latter part of the year can be organised safely and in accordance with all official recommendations and restrictions, says the CEO of the Tampere Trade Fairs Group Hannu Vähätalo.
– We are able to comply with the current regulations and instructions easily, as the large size of the exhibition halls enables physical distancing and the use of several entrances helps avoid the formation of queues at individual entrances. In addition, events organised during the summer have given us good tips on how to ensure the safety of visitors. Of course, we will continue to actively monitor how the situation progresses. Subsequently, we are preparing the events scheduled for the latter part of the year with a peaceful mind, says Vähätalo.
The safety of the fairs is a number one priority, for which reason Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd has prepared safety instructions that must be followed at all events organised by the Group. For example, face masks and hand disinfectant are available in the exhibition halls. Special attention will also be paid to physical distancing. Safety instructions have been published on Tampere Trade Fair Ltd’s website at https://www.tampereenmessut.fi/en/news/Self_monitoring_guidelines_for_pandemic__4324.html
The observing of safety at Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd’s events is also reflected in the fact that some of the fair contents are also produced virtually. Subsequently, Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd is currently preparing, together with its cooperation partners Zoan, a technology start-up, and the Tampere University of Applied Sciences virtual events to support the Finnish Craft & Design Fair and the Subcontracting Trade Fair and AlihankintaHEAT events.
The company’s financial position is stable
Even though the company’s trust in the future is unwavering, event organisers are monitoring the regulations of the authorities closely. If the coronavirus pandemic situation worsens during the autumn and the authorities ban the organisation of large events this year, Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd will comply with this decision.
– Coronavirus poses major financial challenges for us. However, the financial position of Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd is stable, meaning that we will pull through this year and our customers do not need to worry about the future of the fairs, says Vähätalo.
The significance of fairs is emphasised
The exceptional circumstances seem to have increased the significance of fairs, as face-to-face meetings with customers and colleagues have reduced significantly due to e.g. extended periods of remote working.
– The significance of face-to-face meetings and trading has not disappeared, for which reason the Finnish Craft & Design Fair and the Subcontracting Trade Fair and AlihankintaHEAT events are important meeting venues for professionals and experts of the fields also during this exceptional year, says project manager of the Finnish Craft & Design Fair Jasmin Saadetdin-Rikkinen and project manager of the Subcontracting Trade Fair events Tanja Järvensivu.
People come to the fair to catch up with acquaintances and to get to know new operators and products. For many exhibitors, fairs are one of the main venues for trading and networking. Interest in fairs has not faded, and subsequently, almost 800 exhibitors have already registered for the Subcontracting Trade Fair events, for example.
– Both the Subcontracting Trade Fair and the Finnish Craft & Design Fair have a long history and have faced many challenges over the years. However, the events have always pulled through. As fair organisers, we will do our utmost to ensure that we will be able to organise safe and significant fairs for our customers also this year, says Järvensivu.